It is Tuesday and so I’m sharing some fabulous tricks and tips with you today!!!
- You can get 2 regular sized cards from an 8-1/2 x 11″ sheet of cardstock. You either cut at 4-1/4″ on the 8-1/2″ side or you will cut at 5-1/2″ on the 11″ side.
- If you want to create a mini card, it is best to use a sheet of 12″ x 12″ cardstock and you will cut 3″ x 6″ rectangles (making a 3″ x 3″ card). Since 12 is divisible by 3 and 6, you will get the most out of your cardstock this way.
- When using Glimmer Paper or Designer Series Paper (or any cardstock for that matter), you can use 2 little strips to back your image instead of wasting a full piece underneath. Notice the Glimmer Paper in this example (the orange card)- I used two mini strips on the top and bottom! Makes your paper go further this way!
- When using Mini Glue Dots, leave the dot on the paper strip that is comes on and press your piece of ribbon or cardstock onto the dot rather than trying to pull off the little clear sticky dot and placing onto your project.
- When assembling your stamps, be sure to pull off the paper on the stamp and on the clear label! Then leaving the clear label on the piece of paper that is arrives on, lay the stamp over it and then pull them both up together!
- When using ribbon on your project, you can cut a piece of ribbon that lays across your piece of cardstock and wrap the ends to the back side. Then take another smaller piece of ribbon making a “t” and tie a knot around your first strip of ribbon. This will give the look of tying the ribbon around but it uses less ribbon and your knot isn’t as thick.
- Always use Sticky Strip when making a Box or any other 3D item because it holds super strong. TIP: It is not forgiving though so once you place it down, it’s there!
I hope you found these tips and tricks helpful!! I will be posting more in a few weeks! Leave me a comment if you have a tip to share!