Happy Tuesday!!! That means I have a fabulous technique to share with you today!! It is all about ribbon! Ribbon is my favorite embellishment!
Look at all of these fabulous samples that use ribbon in lots of different ways!!!! Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Cut a strip and lay it across your card/project to add a little texture, cover up a distinct line between 2 pieces of cardstock or just for a little flare! See Thinking of You Butterfly Card which uses White Organza Ribbon or the You’re The Best which uses Whisper White Cotton Ribbon!
- Add it along the top or side of your card/project in a knot and add a few more knots of the same color or coordinating colors. This is a great way to use up scrap pieces and add texture and coverage to your card if it has a simple image or greeting! See Happy Birthday Candle Card which uses Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight Cotton Ribbon!
- Add a strip of ribbon along your card/project and then create a Fork Bow to add to the middle or side! You can also just add a fork bow to your project anywhere without the line of ribbon! Click here for a video tutorial on how to create one! See Purple Hi Card which uses Rich Razzleberry Cotton Ribbon!
- You can create a Faux Knot with the ribbon as well which usually it a little less bumpy and bulky on your card. You will take 2 strips of ribbon and create a t or cross on your card/project. You will want to adhere the ends of the horizontal piece to the back of your cardstock. With the vertical pieces you will tie a knot. This usually only requires one knot rather than a double knot which is why it is less bulky. See You Make My Heart Happy Card which uses Whisper White Satin Ribbon and this sample!
- You can use ribbon for a little texture and flare by making loops of it and sticking it to the back of your greeting or focal image. Click here to see a video tutorial on that. See Congrats Card which uses Black Baker’s Twine!
- You can tie a fairly loose knot in a strip of ribbon and tack the ends behind your cardstock for a simple knot on your card/project. See Simple Knot in the photo below and a sample in the video below!
- You can create a bow (bunny ear style) and attach it to your card like this one and this one!
- You can use it on gift boxes, treat bags, and so much more! See samples here, here, here and here!
- You can cut the ribbon ends straight across, diagonal or fold it in half and cut diagonally down from the fold to the end and you will create those perfect banner tips!
- You can see tons and tons of samples using ribbon when you click on the key word Ribbon along the right hand side of my blog or click here!
You can also see a Video Tutorial on these bows down below or by clicking here! Don’t forget to give it a thumbs up if you liked it!!! Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel – Laura’s Stamp Pad so you don’t miss out on any future videos and you can easily find my videos in the future! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this Technique Tuesday and try out some of these ribbon ideas on your next project! Let me know in the comments below which one your favorite is!